Financial Operations Specialist
Job Title: Financial Operations Specialist
Summary: Responsible for accounting activities with a focus on accounts receivable
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Insure adherence to credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters.
- Monitor past-due customer accounts, request payment as required via telephone and email.
- Correspond with collection agencies as needed.
- Prepares and posts cash receipts to customer accounts on a daily basis.
- Prepare and reconcile bank deposits.
- Generate and send customer invoices via mail and/or email
- Maintain W9ís on file and assists with processing of 1099ís at year end
- Receive, verify, enter and post vendor invoices to the correct GL account
- Reconcile vendor statements as needed
- Assist with development and maintain corporate policies related to accounting matters Assist with managing and tracking Sales and Use tax payments
- Track employee expense reports and maintain supporting documents in an organized manner
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Track vendor special pricing rebates related to products and marketing efforts
- Solid experience in accounts receivables and collections
- Sound knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles
- Strong business acumen and logical problem solver
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Diplomatic and professional
- Math aptitude
- Initiative, motivation and strong work ethic
- Planning and time management skills
- Computer literacy (PC)
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred. 2+ years experience in accounts payable and customer service required.