Now more than ever, educational institutions rely on connectivity to provide the level of education needed to prepare students for today’s challenges and tomorrow’s opportunities. The challenge, however, is offering seamless, campus-wide connectivity via outdoor and indoor WLANs in a world where budgets are anything but unlimited.
With wireless backhaul, WiMAX, outdoor WiFi and indoor WLANs from Moonblink, educational institutions can ensure the complete coverage they need at a cost far less than traditional wired solutions. By utilizing a combination of wireless backhaul to share bandwidth amongst multiple schools in a district, WiMAX to connect multiple buildings on a single campus, and outdoor WiFi and indoor WLANs to provide ubiquitous wireless coverage, today’s educational institutions can reduce the overall cost of their networks while increasing network performance.
- Campus Connectivity – Whether connecting multiple schools in a single city or providing affordable connectivity to hard-to-reach remote locations, wireless backhaul solutions deliver the most cost-effective way to provide campuses with the bandwidth they need.
- Student and Faculty Connectivity – Utilizing a combination of WiFi technologies such as outdoor WiFi and indoor WLAN solutions, campuses can provide secure, reliable wireless connectivity for students and faculty both inside the four walls of the classroom and to all corners of the campus.
- Campus Safety – Via WiMAX, outdoor WiFi and indoor WLANs, campuses can cost-effectively connect wireless video surveillance cameras throughout their campuses or entire districts to ensure safety. Campuses can also take advantage of hosted video surveillance solutions from a third party that provides video surveillance as a service (VSaaS).
- Wireless can both extend or replace a campus/district’s existing wired network
- As connectivity needs change, wireless provides the most flexible, cost-effective way to deal with changes to the network
- Converged voice, video and data with all the benefits of mobility
- Campus connectivity solutions eliminate the high recurring costs of leased lines and can be installed in hours
Wireless networks provide a budget-conscious solution to today’s educational institutions, enabling them to provide the connectivity they need without sacrificing other essentials. Moonblink offers wireless backhaul solutions from the industry’s leading manufacturers, including Alvarion, AvaLAN, BridgeWave, Exalt, Motorola, and Proxim Wireless. Moonblink also offers WiMAX solutions from Alvarion, AvaLAN, Motorola, Proxim Wireless, and PureWave Networks, as well as outdoor WiFi and indoor WLAN solutions from HP ProCurve, Proxim Wireless, Motorola and Xirrus. Moonblink is also a provider of hosted video surveillance solutions, utilizing partners and Axis Communications’ AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) to deliver video surveillance as a service (VSaaS).