The world of medicine and healthcare changes rapidly, and today’s hospitals and healthcare facilities need networks that can keep up. As advances are made in telemedicine, asset tracking technology, and mobile devices that enable physicians to better serve their patients – more and more demand is put on the network to provide mobility while handling an increasing amount of data, voice and video.
Moonblink has been delivering complete broadband wireless networks consisting of wireless backhaul, WiMAX, outdoor WiFi and indoor WLANs to healthcare facilities for years, and understands both the demands healthcare institutions place on their networks as well as the need to provide cost-effective, future-proof networks.
Wireless backhaul solutions are the easiest, most cost-effective way to increase a hospital or healthcare facilities bandwidth while avoiding the recurring cost of leased lines. WiMAX solutions can effectively distribute that bandwidth to multiple building throughout a healthcare campus, while also providing the high-performance connectivity needed for wireless video surveillance. And high performance outdoor WiFi and indoor WLANs provide the performance and scalability required to connect an ever increasing number of wireless devices both within and outside the hospital walls.
- Remote Facility Connectivity – In many remote and hard to reach locations, residents were previously forced to travel long distances to healthcare facilities to receive care. With wireless backhaul, WiMAX, outdoor WiFi and indoor WLAN solutions from Moonblink, remote clinics and facilities can stay connected to main hospital locations to receive access to the information they need.
- Increased Bandwidth for Voice, Video and Data – Wireless backhaul solutions provide the most cost-effective way to increase a healthcare facilities bandwidth to accommodate the demands of today’s voice, video and data applications.
- Facility Security and Asset Protection – With integrated WiMAX, outdoor WiFi and indoor WLAN solutions, facilities can increase security via campus-wide video surveillance while also enabling wireless asset tracking to ensure that critical equipment and supplies are not removed from the facility. Facilities can also take advantage of hosted video surveillance solutions from a third party that provides video surveillance as a service (VSaaS).
- Telemedicine – For patients that require onsite caregivers, healthcare facilities can augment remote patient care with remote patient monitoring and consultations via telemedicine applications.
- Easily and economically add bandwidth to locations while avoiding additional leased line costs
- Increase both the efficiency and effectiveness of patient care by enabling mobile devices that give physicians immediate access all patient records
- Reduce the amount of errors made and the amount of duplicate information being logged by providing constant access to information
- Secure wireless connectivity that complies with HIPAA regulations for protecting patient information
Moonblink offers a broad range of broadband wireless solutions to meet the demands of today’s medical facilities. Moonblink offers wireless backhaul solutions from the industry’s leading manufacturers, including Alvarion, AvaLAN, BridgeWave, Exalt, Motorola, and Proxim Wireless. Moonblink also offers WiMAX solutions from Alvarion, AvaLAN, Motorola, Proxim Wireless, and PureWave Networks, as well as outdoor WiFi and indoor WLAN solutions from HP ProCurve, Proxim Wireless, Motorola and Xirrus. Moonblink is also a provider of hosted video surveillance solutions, utilizing partners and Axis Communications’ AXIS Video Hosting System (AVHS) to deliver video surveillance as a service (VSaaS).