As the cost of running fiber or copper wires skyrockets, broadband wireless backhaul technologies have become a key element of cost-effective broadband wireless networks. Wireless backhaul refers to the use of high-performance point-to-point (also known as PTP) wireless links to extend connectivity between two locations, instead of using a costly wired connection. Today, you have customers that are looking to incorporate wireless data access, Voice over Wifi, and real-time video on the same wireless network. In order to support the high demands being placed on wireless networks – without the high cost of running wired links to each wireless access point or node – broadband wireless backhaul is the answer. With the ability to deliver Gigabit throughput (and more) over wireless links, wireless backhaul provides all the performance of wired links – all for a fraction of the cost.
Wireless backhaul is ideal to cost-effectively enable a variety of applications, including:
- Building-to-Building Connectivity – Connect buildings on campus or across long distances without trenching fiber
- Links Between Cellular Towers - Reduce carrier costs by wirelessly connecting cellular towers
- Video Surveillance Backhaul – Provide the high throughput needed for video applications, without the high cost of fiber
- Last Mile Connectivity – Extend broadband links to remote and rural areas
- Rapid deployment – Wireless eliminates the physical barriers that wired deployments face, making it much easier to deploy
- Flexible deployment – Can be deployed anywhere, across water, difficult terrain, to remote areas, etc.
- Reduced cost – Eliminates the high costs associated with using fiber for backhaul
- High performance – With wireless networks capable of wired capacity, you get all the benefits of wireless without sacrificing any performance
So regardless of whether you are selling to enterprise customers looking to support data, voice and video on their corporate WLAN or service provider/telecommunication customers looking to link cellular towers for a fraction of the price of fiber – broadband wireless backhaul is the key.
At Moonblink, we carry a complete line of wireless backhaul products from the industry’s leading manufacturers, including Alvarion, AvaLAN, BridgeWave, Exalt, Motorola, Proxim Wireless and Vecima Networks. For more information on the wide variety of wireless backhaul solutions Moonblink offers, please click on the product category below.
For consultation on which broadband wireless backhaul products are right for your customers’ needs, call one of our wireless experts at 1-877-623-5223 or 1-408-850-1143