Law enforcement agencies, emergency medical services and other first responders rely heavily on their information and communications systems in order to do their jobs effectively. Until now, these public safety groups were limited to voice communications, which provided no advanced information to help them prepare for situations. As a result, they were forced to make decisions on the fly once they arrived on the scene, based on the information they and their teams could gather.
Today, however, is the dawn of a whole new era for public safety communications. With the entire 4.9 GHz spectrum licensed exclusively for use by public safety organizations, the gates are wide open for new advances in wireless communications to help public safety organizations better serve the public. Many of the leading wireless manufacturers have developed 4.9 GHz solutions specifically for this purpose, and as a result there are 4.9 GHz access, mesh and backhaul solutions to provide the perfect public safety network for any situation.
For example, whereas public safety personnel used to have to wait until they arrived on the scene to gather intelligence, today’s public safety networks – powered by 4.9 GHz wireless – can relay video surveillance of a crime scene to police cars before officers arrive. As they view footage of a suspect, they can access the police department’s private servers and pull files on the suspect to see if they have any previous record. Thus, by the time they arrive at the scene, they are already prepared for the situation and can make better, more efficient and more informed decisions.
Whether fixed, mobile or a combination of the two – today’s broadband wireless networks can support many new, exciting applications, including:
- Real-time streaming of information – Today’s broadband wireless networks can stream voice, video and data to emergency vehicles – even when mobile
- Remote access – Emergency personnel can access centralized servers from anywhere in the field, giving them access to critical information
- Alert broadcasting – Alerts, bulletins and reports can be simply broadcast to all first responders immediately, enabling better response times
- Enhanced communication with headquarters – Emergency personnel in the field can communicate – via voice, video or data – with personnel at headquarters, increasing collaboration
- Better response times by enabling instantaneous alerts to all field personnel
- Enhanced preparation in transit by enabling first responders to view streaming video and other information while mobile as they travel to the scene
- Better collaboration by enabling immediate sharing of information between the field and headquarters, no matter where they are
Moonblink has an extensive portfolio of 4.9 GHz wireless solutions from the industry leaders, ensuring your customers the highest performance, most reliable and most secure wireless network exclusively for public safety applications. This expertise, combined with Moonblink’s expertise in and selection of video surveillance solutions, gives you everything you need to provide your customers with the options they need to tailor a public safety network to meet their needs.
For more information on Moonblink’s portfolio of public safety solutions, please call one of Moonblink’s wireless experts at 1-877-623-5223 or 1-408-850-1143.