Wireless Video Surveillance Solutions
Throughout the US, there is a continued increase in the need for video surveillance systems to secure our cities, schools, businesses, hospitals, ports, transportation infrastructure and other critical environments. But especially in this economic landscape, there is even greater pressure now than ever before to find solutions that enable organizations to deploy video surveillance in a simple, cost-effective manner.
With the advent of digital video cameras and the ability to connect these devices to networks and stream video over the Internet, the market for video surveillance has exploded. While the ability to connect these cameras via the network makes it easier to deploy cameras in more places, the limitations of needing to run wire to each and every camera often becomes too time and cost intensive. Often times the environments that need surveillance are the most difficult (and therefore most expensive) places to reach with wires. This presents a conundrum for many organizations – the need for video surveillance, but the inability to pay for costly wired solutions.
By utilizing broadband wireless technologies to create a network backbone for digital video cameras, customers can eliminate the barriers previously faced by wired solutions. Areas that were once too expensive to wire – due to their remote location, the expense of running fiber, the inability to drill through walls of old buildings, etc. – are now able to be monitored cost effectively.
With broadband wireless networks, video surveillance networks are truly unfettered. With the ease and low cost f deployment that wireless affords, video surveillance becomes an affordable choice for many applications, including:
- Public Safety – Police departments and other public safety organizations can monitor problematic areas throughout a city, establish ad hoc neworks, etc.
- Enterprises – Video surveillance to provide perimeter security for their buildings
- Transportation – Transportation agencies can provide constant monitoring as added security for infrastructure
- Government – Often used in Homeland Security applications, government organizations can easily secure buildings, installations, personnel, etc.
- Education – Schools and universities can monitor trouble areas to protect their students throughout a campus
- Public Venues – Stadiums, shopping malls, etc. can provide added security for patrons throughout the venue as well as in parking lots
- Healthcare – Monitoring for healthcare facilities that provides the ability to secure hospital assets, augment patient security, etc.
- Rapid deployment – Wireless eliminates the physical barriers that wired deployments face, making it much easier to deploy
- Flexible deployment – Can be deployed anywhere, across water, difficult terrain, remote areas, etc.
- Reduced cost – Eliminates the high costs associated with wired deployments, including cost of materials, cost of trenching, dealing with older buildings, etc.
- High performance – With wireless networks capable of wired capacity, you get all the benefits of wireless without sacrificing any performance
Moonblink pairs its expertise in broadband wireless solutions with a deep knowledge of wireless video surveillance to take the guess work out of which leading cameras will work best with which wireless systems. By pairing industry leading video surveillance solutions from Axis Communications, Dotworkz Systems, IQInvision, Milestone, Panasonic and Sony with wireless backhaul and point to multipoint solutions from AvaLAN, Motorola, and Proxim Wireless, Moonblink provides a one-stop shop for all your wireless video surveillance needs.
For more information on Moonblink’s portfolio of video surveillance solutions, please call one of Moonblink’s wireless experts at 1-877-623-5223 or 1-408-850-1143